Due to high cost, lobster is not my staple food. However, when I saw lobster on sale, I made this decadent lobster dish with fresh ginger and scallions sauteed in soy sauce with a little touch of butter to give a smooth texture.
- Lobster Tail (4 pieces)
- Ginger (6 inches, julienned)
- Scaliion (6 stalks, sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- Soy Sauce (4 tablespoons)
- Water (6 tablespoons)
- Butter (1 inch square)
- Vegetable Oil (sunflower)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Prepare your lobster. With a strong knife, like a Chinese cleaver, pound into center of shell, cracking the shell, without cutting into lobster. With hands, carefully peel off skin. Rinse lobster and put on plate. Keep aside.
2) Slice your ginger and scallions. Place on two different plates.
3) In a hot cast iron skillet (or any large skillet), add a little bit of vegetable oil. Place lobsters on skillet. Place cooking foil or lid on the pan, so lobster will cook inside. Turn heat down to medium flame. Cook on one side for about 3 minutes. Then flip lobster onto the other side and again place foil on lid, so lobster continues to cook inside. Finish cooking lobster on the other side, and then transfer cooked lobster to a plate.
4) In the same skillet, add ginger and sautee for like 1 minute. Add soy sauce, water, and butter, and mix well.
5) Add cooked lobster and cook in sauce on one side. Flip lobster and cook lobster in sauce the other side.
6) Add scallion, and place cooking foil or lid and let scallion steam cook in the lobster sauce for 1 minute, so it’s wilted but retains a little bit of the crunch.
7) Place rice on your plate and place ginger and scallion over rice.
8) Then place lobster. Serves 4 (1 lobster per person)